Frequently Asked Questions:
- For whom is this program suitable?
Yes, SunnySideUP! can also appeal to ‘mature’ adults-from young moms to men with a good sense of humour. It has been suggested as a stimulating discussion program for grandmoms and their daughters who have young children.
2. Are these really true stories experienced by Nellie?
Absolutely! They can be verified.
3. What makes these stories special?
4. What are some of the themes addressed?
- Attitude • Creativity • Life Stages • Parenting • Aging • Friendships • Expectations • Inhibitions • Spontaneity • Dealing w Challenges, among others.
5. How long is the act?
The stories told in previews take about 1½ hours, followed by ½ hour of questions, discussions, and sharing of participants’ personal experiences.
However, the program is adaptable to a particular group’s time frame and needs. Nellie has collected plenty of stories for further performances.
6. How far in advance of a meeting can a booking be made?
From booking to performance, depending on Nellie’s schedule and your meeting time, it could be as soon as a week.
7. What is the fee?
As of June 11, 2018: only $36/per person
* Contact Nellie for details of payment. (For bookings outside Toronto, possible expenses such as travel, food and accommodation allowance to be discussed in advance.)
8. What does fee include?
Fee currently includes:
- SunnySideUp! adaptable 2 hour program, plus:
- One copy per guest of either of Nellie’s two books meant to be enjoyed by individuals as well as groups in a 6-8 part series of study/discussion sessions:
- Self-help book Making Opportunity Knock featuring probing interviews, personal insight activities, group discussion topics and questions; or
- Bestselling Grading the Teacher: A Parent/Teacher Guide, originally published by Penguin Books Canada, featured by major media and referred to by parents and educators across the country, plus:
- 2 dessert recipes mentioned in the stories (which Nellie suggests will be served as part of the refreshments) emailed to any participants requesting them.
9. Is there a minimum or maximum audience size/fee?
Yes. 10 person minimum/no maximum. Minimum fee: $360, plus expenses, if applicable. (More questions? Is fee negotiable for charity, large audience, etc? Just ask.)
10. Do you offer an early bird discount?
Yes. Book a future date within two weeks of inquiry, deduct 10% discount for the group.
To contact Nellie – with no obligation – about more information or booking SunnySideUp! or any of her other programs, click here.